martes, 18 de agosto de 2015

Where My Adventure Began

This is how I imagine Ladydi school in Guerrero Mountain



After months of Ladydi  knowing her dads secret she promised her mom she wouldn't tell Maria that she was her half sister. Her dad was gone forever and her mom the only thing she did was curse him. Things were calmed in t Guerrero for a wile, and the government had sent a teacher from Acapulco to teach Ladydi and the girls from the mountain. She enjoyed having class but her other friends like Estefani, Maria and Paula were bored and sometimes they slept in class. She knew a guy in the school Mike who was older than her and was Maria sister. After he graduated he went to work to Acapulco and sometimes he went to Guerrero to visit his family. Years passed and it was time for Ladydi to graduate, she discussed with her mother that what would she do when she grew older, and now was the time. Ladydi asked her mom if she would sell thing on the street and her mom always become crazy with that stuff. One day that Mike passed through the mountain, he knew that it was time for Ladydi to have some work and he told them that a rich family in Acapulco needed a nanny. Ladydi discussed this with her mom and she agreed. She would have a new job in Acapulco! 

                               


"My mother said to me, you're not going to sell iguanas on the side of the road. Your not going to stay here doing nothing and you better not get pregnant or Ill kill you" pg. (72)

I like this part of the book because the author is being really specific. He is also trying to teach the reader that as a mom you gotta guide your children into wanting them to work and succeed in their life. I also like how the author is trying to make Ladydis mom be seen as she wants to change all the bad things she has done and she wants her child to be better and she is. 

"The drug traffickers, who'd killed Paula's mothers dogs and had stolen her wrapped naked in a white towel, were now going to sell her." pg. (77)

I felt really sad in this chapter because its amazing what people are capable of doing. Sometimes people just want to take advantage of others and use them to gain power. I think this is happening in this book right now. I feel bad for Paula because she didn't deserve all these bad things on her life. 


This is Acapulco
In the next chapters of Prayers for the Stolen I think that Ladydi is going to Acapulco to work in her new job. She is going to enjoy so much being there and working there that she is going to look for another job that will pay her better. I think she is going to forget about her mother that lives in Guerrero. Furthermore she will receive a call of one of her closest friends that her mom passed out. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario